Saturday, November 14, 2009

3rd IUI

Nov09: 3rd IUI on 11/16
Letrozole day 3-7, 2 ultrasounds, ovidrel shot on 11/14

This is our third IUI scheduled. After our October break, we got back on the infertility bandwagon and we've been working this cycle again. I've had a really good reaction, 3 large follicles all measuring around 18-20mm.

I don't know what I really have to say on this. I feel a little numb. I feel a little defeated already. But we're not telling anyone that we're doing this third round. I really didn't like the hoopla that my mother made with the last one, everyone knowing. This time we kept it private, just me and B. The one thing I was scared out of my MIND to do was give myself the ovidrel shot since someone had done it for me the past 2 times. I cleaned the bedroom until it was glittering with cleanness, showered, put on a new pair of pajamas, and sat on my bench with the needle and instructions. I had even waited until I had no time to chicken out and call someone. I think I started to cold sweat as I was preparing to do this, and then 1, 2, 3! It was in. and I felt like the biggest p*ssy ever. I did it in my stomach, and ladies, I can tell you (coming from needle wimp here) I couldn't even feel it go in. If I can do it, YOU can do it. Don't read the horror stories, I'm convinced those are from some weirdo freaks who probably stabbed themselves sideways.

so now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment